Monday, October 12, 2009
I wanted to let yall know that I have volunteered to write articles about my artist friends on a site: www.IndieSmiles.com Check their site out! It's mainly for people buying space for advertising but it's much more than that as they also promote artists. They promoted me when they first got started because the lady was a fan of my work! I have a questionaire at the bottom of this post too if yall are uncomfortable at writing.
This is what she said to me that they are looking for:
Some people ask me what they should write about, it can be almost anything handmade related. We are mainly interested in "How-to" articles, marketing and business tips, and off topic articles concerning how artisans help their communities and charities. You can also promote your own shop!!
Please don't be shy about this. Write to me about yourself mainly, then add a "How to", charities you share your proceeds to, business tips, one of all of the above, and of course send me pics of your work via attachment and your website or Etsy site, blogs, etc. I will then form your stories as if I was talking about you. I hope yall will respond to this. If I can get a load of people wanting to do this, all of yall will get a chance to be featured! And they get a lot of traffic there too! The more the merrier! Of course they will put the article up for a couple of weeks, but every single article I send I hope will be featured!
Now get yall's heads together and send me an article about yourselves! Even if yall don't have a website, but pics of your work and how they can buy from you. All of yall have something to offer. You may have an illness, like me for instance with my fibro, so tell what it takes to do your art with a disability! Any tips of how you do something? Advice about how to sell, etc?
Ok, I think yall get what I'm talking about!
I hope to hear from yall really soon!
I am going to reword it like an article, but here is a questionaire if yall would feel more comfortable doing it this way & leave the question blank if you have no answer:
1. What is your name?
2. What kind of art do you do?
3. What are your hobbies besides art?
4. Are there any special techniques or tips you can share with us?
5. Anything special that you do for charities, etc you would like to share?
6. Is there an artist you would like to share? Tell me about this artist and what is there shop or website where we can go look at their work and can you send me any pictures of this artist's work? What is special about this artist?
7. What is your shop or website or blog where we can find your work?
8. Will you send me pictures of some of your favorite art pieces and let me know which ones are yours if you are sending another artists work as well?
9.Where do you live?
10. Do you have any pets?
11. Please share anything else you would like for us to know about you.
Contact me at:
Posted by LindaGJ at 11:00 AM